Welcome to the Sacred Hearts Parish Sacramental Preparation Page!
Congratulations to you and your family as your child(ren) prepare to receive one of the seven Sacraments! I hope you find the information here helpful, and encourage you to contact me for further information.
Beth Fullerton, Coordinator of Religious Education K-10
Would you like your child to receive a Sacrament but they are not the typical age? We offer an RCIC class for children who, for this or that reason, did not receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation or Holy Communion at the traditional age and who are now preparing to receive these Sacraments. Please contact Beth Fullerton for more information!
First Reconciliation - First Holy Communion
We work with the second-graders in the RE program and at Sacred Hearts School to help them prepare for and receive First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. It is a busy and exciting year for the children and their families! Ideally, the children have already had 1-2 years of religious education prior to the second grade. This gives them a strong foundation upon which to build this year.
The second-grade curriculum is supplemented with an Enrollment Ceremony and a First Communion retreat.
Important Second Grade Forms
Important Second Grade Dates
Enrollment Ceremony: Sunday, December 10, 2017
2018 First Reconciliation Date: Saturday, January 20, 2018 @ 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
2018 First Communion Dates: May 5-6 & May 12-13
- May 5th at 10 a.m.-Sacred Hearts Church (SHS-Mrs. Guthrie)
- May 5th at 1:30 p.m. -Sacred Hearts Church (SHS-Mrs. White)
- May 6th at 1:30 p.m. -Sacred Hearts Church (Rel. Ed. -Mrs. Barman and Mrs. West)
- May 12th at 10 a.m.- Sacred Hearts Church (Rel. Ed.- Mrs. Bronson/Forde and Noonan)
- May 12th at 1:30 p.m.- Sacred Hearts Church (Rel. Ed.- Mrs. Collins and Mrs. Fellows)
- May 13th at 10:15 a.m.- St. Patrick Church (Interested Families)
2018 First Communion Rehearsal Schedule
- Monday, April 30th at 5:30 p.m., Sacred Hearts Church (Mrs. Guthrie)
- Monday, April 30th at 7:00 p.m. Sacred Hearts Church (Mrs. White)
- Tuesday, May 1st at 5:30 p.m. Sacred Hearts Church (Mrs. Barman and Mrs. West)
- Sunday, May 6th at 5:30 p.m. Sacred Hearts Church (Mrs. Bronson/Forde and Mrs. Noonan)
- Sunday, May 6th at 7:00 p.m. Sacred Hearts Church (Mrs. Collins and Mrs. Fellows)
- Monday, May 7th at 5:30 p.m. St. Patrick Church (interested families)
We have a two year Confirmation program at the parish (ninth and tenth grades), and candidates are confirmed in the fall of the eleventh grade. This program is for both students in public and Catholic schools. A wonderful group of catechists work with the candidates in our Church Hall on 1-2 Sunday evenings a month.
In addition to attending classes, the candidates complete a works of mercy project and get involved in a parish ministry each year. They also research and choose a Saint’s name, select and spend time with their sponsor, attend two retreats, write a letter to the Bishop, and are interviewed by one of our priests. The goal of all these pieces is to help the candidates desire reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation, deepen their relationship with God and His Church, and prepare them for their mission, as confirmed Catholics, to be a disciple and witness to Him.
Below, please find links to Confirmation paperwork. All class dates, etc., can be found on our RE calendar, located on the RE main page.
December Confirmation Classes
Sunday, December 3rd (9th Grade) from 6-8 p.m.
Sunday, December 10th (10th Grade) from 6-8 p.m. (Youth Mass at 7 p.m. )
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION K-8 AND CONFIRMATION CALENDAR
Year One (9th Grade) Confirmation Paperwork and Assignments
Year Two (10th Grade) Paperwork and Assignments
All 12 of the Decision Point lessons, used in Grades 9 and 10, can be found here: http://dynamiccatholic.com/confirmation/view-program/. Alternatively, download the free Decision Point app on to your device, and watch any of the 72 videos anywhere you have wi-fi!